Google+ Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Eye Definer – Dazzle | Futilities and More

Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Eye Definer – Dazzle

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Eye Definer – Dazzle

Today's featured product is a gel eyeliner that I was "forced" to buy thanks to my March Myglam bag. The concept is quite nice but the products I received last month and the month before were zero!
So like I said, this month I received vouchers but of course, advertising is highly touted and it forces you to buy a minimum amount of $ 50 to qualify.
As my bag was not great, I was committed to buying products that I did not need ... I know it's not smart ... but hey that's life! So, this is one of my purchase, a deep navy glittery eyeliner.

  Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Eye Definer – Dazzle

I absolutely love the packaging, the box only,  it looks rich and chic. I said only the box because the  container is a cheap plastic-y jar, which is not the best presentation ever. The gel eyeliner will probably dry faster than in a glass container.

Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Eye Definer – Dazzle
The set comes with a very precise eyeliner brush. For me it is a little bit small as I always have to apply a generous amount of product on my hidden eyelid area but for most of you, people with a double eyelid, it will be perfect.


Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Eye Definer – Dazzle

The color is so pretty, a nice and elegant shimmery, navy blue color. Subtle and it gives you a nice  pop or color.


Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Eye Definer – Dazzle

Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Eye Definer – Dazzle

Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Eye Definer – Dazzle


The product is nicely pigmented and the reflection, gorgeous!  But the pretty blue hue fades away and becomes black after few hours. Nooooo! I loved this color so much!


Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Eye Definer – Dazzle

Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Eye Definer – Dazzle

This is a quick look I did the other day:
1- Some light brown eyeshadow to define and give more dimension to my eyes
2- a highlight on the brow bone
3- a black eyeliner, Dazzle from Kevyn Aucoin on top of the black eyeliner
4-  The same gel eyeliner on the roots of the lower lashes
5- a black mascara.


It looks gorgeous just after the application and it is supposed to be a long wearing, no smudging, no creasing product BUT it is not true, this is "creaseland" after few hours , it does smudge and budge, the nice blue hue fades away and become more like a black shade and you have to check constantly to avoid any ugly raccoon effect!  I think this product is pretty but not adapted to monolids.

It is certainly better for occidental or double eyelids types and also for non oily skin type...huge let down for me! I wanted to try something new and more colorful than my regular black, brown and plum gel eyeliners, but this one has not met my expectations.

Another disappointment, it was super expensive for a gel eyeliner: $27  but fortunately I was able to purchase other interesting but not really affordable items (again)  in this Dermstore haul, in particular a nail polish from Butter London (over-priced to my mind) and a mini eyelash curler... This online store is full of good things but if you are on a budget, forget it!

Conclusion: Thank God I cancelled my Myglam subscription! So bad!

---
Overall and verdit:  ❤❤/5
---
Pros:
- Nice shimmery deep blue hue
- Elegant box and brush
- Very precise brush
---
---
Cons:
- Smudge
- Budge
- Crease a lot!
- The deep blue color fades aways after few hours
- Plastic container
- OVERPRICED! $27
---

0 commentaires :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Futilities and More © Creative Commons 2010 | Plantilla Quo creada por Ciudad Blogger