Google+ Urban Decay Naked Palette Vs Naked 2 Palette - Review and Swatches | Futilities and More

Urban Decay Naked Palette Vs Naked 2 Palette - Review and Swatches

Wednesday, January 4, 2012




Hi Guys,

First of all, I wanted to wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR! I wish you all the best and success in your projects, health, love, etc. I hope that 2012 with be full of new adventures for me too! At the end of January, this will be my first blog anniversary. I will organize something special for that!


So, moving onto the review,  this is my first post of the year and this is huge! It is about one of the best selling eyeshadow palette, the famous Naked Palette (click on the link to read the full review of this first palette) from Urban Decay which was launch one year ago and the second one, Naked2 is already following the same path. At this time it is already completely sold out!


The video here explains everything:



I am a big fan of this casing. The Naked2 has a metal compact casing with a full size mirror. I like the fact that you can close (well) the palette contrary to the original Naked palette that only have a light magnetic clasp which can accidentally be open in your travel bag. I also like the overall look of the product. It looks richer and I particularly like the taupy champagne color of the case.

Naked2 features 12 full-size eyeshadows, it is composed with 3 matte sades, which is a good call. Their is  a light beige color to highlight your brow bone, a medium plum brownish one perfect for the crease and a very intense black eyeshadow, probably the most pigmented eyeshadow I have ever seen! It has also some frosty, metallic and glittery shades and the overall color scheme is more on the cool side with pretty greige and taupe colors that I LOVE, where the original Naked palette is much more on the warm, bronze and gold tones and only has two matte eyeshadows. The only shade which is commun to both of these palette is Half Baked.

Urban Decay created 5 new shades for that palette: Bootycall, Tease, Snakebite, Pistol and Busted and some of them are my favorite ones!



For $50 we also have a dual ended brush. We have a synthetic blending brush and a flat one which is great to play with.

This flat brush is not really my favorite product of this set but it works pretty well to intensify the lower lash line or to pat onto your lid to create a more dramatic look.


And the palette comes also with a mini Lip Junkie lipgloss in the shade "Naked" which is the perfect neutral color that match with these eyeshadows.



As you can see, the two palettes has the same size but the metallic one is heavier and I think prettier. I am not really convince by the velvet finish of the first palette because it becomes dirty really fast. It catches of the dust of my apartment but also eyeshadow's fallouts of my make-up bag and to finish, Ulysse's hair...



The differences are not huge, they are indeed quite subtile! When you open the case, the layout is similar, I think the new palette made some good improvements especially with the packaging but what I like the most is the selection of taupe, greige as well as the beautiful medium matte eyeshadow "Tease" which reminds me a lot "Quarry" from Mac. It has some plum undertones and it is really easy to use even on its own.


I am not sure that you need these two palette together since it is very similar but if you prefer cooler tones, Naked2 is made for you but if you are more attracted by warm and more commun shades then I recommend you to choose Naked. For me it is simple, I am the editor of a beauty blog, so this is a product that I can't miss and I am such an eyeshadow lover!
I am also a big fan of cooler tones, so for me, my heart goes to the Naked2 palette. All the shades are easy to wear and more neutral than Naked  which is perfect for me but all the colors are vibrant and gorgeous. Which palette do you prefer?


Here are some close-up:


Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper


Foxy: matte cream/beige

Half-Baked: metallic gold that we already have in Naked palette

Bootycall: satin champagne with light pink undertone.Virgin from the original Naked palette is quite the same, but Virgin is a bit more frosty.

Chopper: metallic rose gold with silver glitters. It has the same finish as Sidecar from Naked palette.


Virgin /Sin /Naked /Sidecar

The light shades of the original Naked palette




Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol

Tease: matte mushroom taupe with purple/plum undertones. I love it, it looks like Quarry from Mac.

Snakebite: shimmery deep bronze. Very similar to Smog from the original palette, LOVE it!

Suspect: shimmery beige taupe, LOVE it!

Pistol: shimmery greige, GORGEOUS!


Buck /Half Baked /Smog /Darkhorse

The medium and copper shades of the original Naked palette.


Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout

Verve: metallic light champagne beige, AMAZING color!

YDK: metallic toasty taupe with coppery glitters

Busted: satin dark brown with purple undertone. 

Blackout: matte black, the most intense black shadow ever!


Toasted /Hustle /Creep /Gunmetal

The darkest shades of the original Naked palette.


Now some swatches:


Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite


Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout



You can see all the swatches of the original Naked Palette HERE!



♡Overall & Verdict: 

♡♡♡♡/5

♡Pros: 

+ Great selection of neutral and cooler shades, taupe, greige, metallic.
+ Quality: easy to blend and super pigmented.
+ Nice packaging improvements, more solid and easier to travel with.

♡Cons: 

- More expensive than the original Naked palette, $50

2 commentaires :

futilitiesandmore said...

Your welcome and thanks for passing by! I really love both of these palettes. This is one of my best purchase this year.

jentdreamworld said...

If i don't have Naked palette yet, definitely I will get Naked 2 instead. I got the Naked palette 2 weeks before the Naked 2 came out. ={ I actually like the Naked 2 palette packaging better. =} I might get it when I finish the other one. Thank you for your reviewing. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Futilities and More © Creative Commons 2010 | Plantilla Quo creada por Ciudad Blogger