Google+ Royal Deep Blue Makeup Tutorial For Asian Monolids, A New Year's Eve Look. | Futilities and More

Royal Deep Blue Makeup Tutorial For Asian Monolids, A New Year's Eve Look.

Friday, December 30, 2011



Hi guys, 

I created this look for New Year's Eve. This is first time I used bright blue eyeshadows and I ended up with this look. I think this is the best and almost the only period of the year to express your creativity with makeup, so why go without!

I am generally not a big fan of bright and especially cool colors but this one, to my mind, stays subtile and I hope still chic.

Other than than, I also used drugstore products only (almost, appart for eyeliner and lips but you can easily find drugstore products for that), which is also something I don't experience too much because the quality is not really the same but I found some tricks to make my eyeshadow pop because those ones are normally quite hard to work with. I think they are great if you are very patient because to have to put several layers to achieve something correct.

The full makeup tutorial is here, in this video!



This is a demo, to show you how this look completely change everything! My eyes are so small without makeup...


And this is the final look that I LOVE! I like the combination of this royal deep blue and the brown eyeshadow and these lashes, my god, it is so feminin! For me who dont have any length or volume, this is like a miracle.

 


For cheeks, I used a Elf blush, which has a orange coral tone because this color compliment perfectly blue shades.


For lips I used a combo that I love: A Buxom pencil/lipstick in New Orleans which is a pretty pink/orangy color and a lipgloss on top from Jouer Cosmetics, in Wind.

For this look I think it was important to add a little pop of color, still discrete, on my lips because when you wear such a powerful and intense makeup on your eyes, it can also washed out your face.

Why a pink/orange color? Because when you look at the chromatic wheel, this is a nice trick to create the right combos, you have in front of the blue color, and orange/yellow color.



Which is interesting with fake eyelashes, is that it create for us, monolid girls, bigger eyes and creates also a little crease. For those who are not pleased with the monolid, it can be the solution!




I love those lashes!


Some close up pictures for more details!




I hope you will like this look!


List of the products mentioned:




Face

Concealer: Sonia Kashuk
Loose powder: The Body Shop 01
Sigma Foundation brush: Round top kabuki brush F82
Sigma Concealer brush: Precision Round p82
Sigma Powder brush: Tapered brush F25


Eyes


Eyeshadow palette: Elf 32 eyeshadow palette
False eyelashes: From pretty and Cute #41

Lips

Gloss: Jouer Cosmetics in Wind








2 commentaires :

futilitiesandmore said...

Thank you!

Monique Pentecost said...

So pretty! Love it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Futilities and More © Creative Commons 2010 | Plantilla Quo creada por Ciudad Blogger