Google+ Dramatic Purple Night Look - Makeup Tutorial | Futilities and More

Dramatic Purple Night Look - Makeup Tutorial

Thursday, October 20, 2011



Hi everyone, today, I am doing the total opposite look than my last tutorial (the "No makeup" makeup look). This is a dramatic purple night look using SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Lesson Palette: Green Eyes for eyeshadow.

Obviously I don't have green eyes but who cares! I will never limit myself using the colors I like and I don't like the concept of "paint with numbers". Makeup is a game, you have to try different combinations and see what is the best for you. If you want to change a color, do it. My tutorial is only an exemple of what you can achieve with this kind of colors.






I think purple is very flattering for all eye colors and it's pretty for asian "yellow" skin tone :).
For a night look, don't hesitate to be over the top! Lightings are very low in a club and even in the restaurant, the general mood is cozy, so be dramatic and use false lashes, intense colors, pretty and big pendants!

For lips, I use a burgundy shade with a pink lipgloss (for the glossy finish) on top because deep purple can washed out your face and you don't want to look like a vampire, especially for those who use a nude lipstick.





For monolids, I think it is great to create a gradient effect for the application of the eyeshadow. It creates more volume, depth and definition than contouring the shadow in the outer corner. For this look, I don't want to create a crease (I rarely do that) or stuff like that, so I don't insiste in this area. 


I hope you will like this look! 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Lesson Palette: Green Eyes

This palette is very handy because this is a combination for two complete eye looks. If you are a beginner in makeup, don't be afraid using these intense shades because everything is explained to apply the make-up like a pro!.

I will make a full review on this palette in another post and probably another makeup tutorial with the green eyeshadows.



List of products I used:

Face:
Loose powder: Body Shop

Eyes:
False lashes: from Pretty and cute 

Lips:
Lipgloss: Smashbox: Spark


Brushes:







Nails:
OPI Meet Me On The Star Ferry

Earrings:







3 commentaires :

DaphYin said...

Awesome look! You give great tips to monolids like me! Thanks for sharing!

http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

Vivian said...

Gorgeous as usual! Your blending skills are amazing.

Futilities And More said...

Thanks girls! I am very happy to be helpful, this is my goal :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Futilities and More © Creative Commons 2010 | Plantilla Quo creada por Ciudad Blogger