Google+ Jouer Cosmetics: Hydrating Lipstick Review, Valerie and Nicole | Futilities and More

Jouer Cosmetics: Hydrating Lipstick Review, Valerie and Nicole

Friday, September 23, 2011




The first thing I noticed with those Jouer lipsticks is that their concept of playing with make-up is limited to gloss, eyeshadow, blush and bronzer. I don't know why they stopped here because the concept of pairing your favorite product is particularly well thought. 

I think it would be great for Jouer to find a new concept focused on lipgloss and lipstick. "The Perfect Combination", I don't know what name would be the best, but why they stopped there? I personally almost always use lipgloss on top of my lipstick because I like my lips shine a bit and also because some lipsticks dry my lips. 



I like the retro chic metallic packaging. I say retro because it is not  innovative and the design is classic. This champagne color is sophisticate and feminin, I like that. 


Jouer says about these lipsticks: "This hydrating lipstick keeps lips protected and nourished with enduring beautiful coverage. A perfect balance of beauty and treatment."

I confirm, the coverage is good, especially for Nicole, the darker one and hydratation is pretty nice. You don't need to apply a lip balm under which is convenient. 




Swatches: Valerie and Nicole


Valerie is a shimmery soft coral. Pretty natural and subtile but there is a little problem with it, it creases! The solution for this, exfoliate your lips before application! Like the shade a lot!
I also think that shimmers are too big and the consistency is quite heavy.



Nicole is a  shimmery bronzed pink, for me it is a light purple/plum with warm untertone. I prefer the texture and the color of this one. It matches better with my style. This shade is more sophisticate for day and elegant for night. The coverage is much more better. I don't know why because it has the same formula than Valerie...




♡♡/5

Overall: 


♡ Pros:

+ Wearable colors.
+ Creamy and hydrating

 Cons:

- We can't play with it! It is such a pity!
- Crease, be careful of your dead skin.
- Coverage is not the best for the light shade.
- Texture and consistency is heavy.
- Shimmers are very intense.














0 commentaires :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Futilities and More © Creative Commons 2010 | Plantilla Quo creada por Ciudad Blogger